These tiles are like a dream.
Tiles like these make me imagine.
Are the people on that ship going to be ok?
Like the sound of the oceans crashing and roaring.
A great beast rises from the depths of the dark waters.
Dream of great adventures and terrible dangers, worlds away. — astheoceansblue
1. http://www.nmaps.net/227868 by apulse
2. http://www.nmaps.net/227936 by 29403
3. http://www.nmaps.net/228010 by tommywiseau
4. http://www.nmaps.net/227890 by PALEMOON
5. http://www.nmaps.net/228014 by apulse
stay based, america
Anyway, judging will be some combination of flag, gloomp, Aidiera, trance, RandomDigits and my friend who recently became homeless and now lives on a mattress in my bathroom. He has never played N so his will be a fresh perspective. The freshest. We will judge on a holistic combination of map quality, aesthetic value and how well you incorporated the base tiles. So the example I posted above would get a 0 in the latter because I just shit all over them.
Tag your maps 'basedgod'. Submissions open until April 25th. No more than two per mapper. Don't forget to use paste.droni.es so we can track your progress from the base tiles to the finished map! Thanks.
1. keen [nmaps.net] by Wizard2, emulating losttortuga. Exactly what we had in mind for emulator, fantastic job.
2. Transmutations [nmaps.net] by spudzalot, emulating cahu. Interesting choice, lots of atmosphere to mimic.
3. COUCHELLA [nmaps.net] by Pizzles, emulating Yahoozy. Hard to pull off without seeming trite; well done.
4. WOLF DOWN [nmaps.net] by Nphasis, emulating PALEMOON. Extremely interesting gameplay in a compact space.
5. from pasadena, we muddled east 'till we hit the rockies [nmaps.net] by Onesevennine, emulating blue_tetris. He'd be proud if sober, prouder if drunk.
HM: APulse, Pheidippides, Riobe.
Judging by flag, gloomp, RandomDigits. Maps were judged holistically on a combination of map quality, emulation accuracy, and to a lesser extent how much your style showed through in your emulation. Looked for a reasonable balance.
Emulator is a NUMACON in which you try to imitate the style of a well-known classic author, inactive or not. (Don't emulate yourself, Yahoozy.) There's no limit to how many maps you can submit, just tag your maps with "emulator" and mention somewhere which mapper you were trying to be. You've got til the end of February.
flag and Aidiera
Possible Review System Overhaul
The 2012 Dronies Have Begun!
That thread should help you out, but if you have any questions post them and I'll be sure to get them sorted out. In other news, there are three Reviewer positions open now. If you would like one of them, PM me on the forums and include two reviews you've written (that haven't been published if you have already been a reviewer). NUMACON will hopefully be back in February.
Slightly Updated N 2.0 Beta
(There's some more really cool news that's specific to NUMA, but I'll let you guys read it yourselves.)
Metanet Software Releases N 2.0 Beta
If you catch any bugs that haven't already been found, shout out here [forum.droni.es], and if you complete the game, take a screenshot with proof and stick it here. [forum.droni.es]
The 2011 Dronies results have been posted.